ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN FIRM
Judy Coutts, AIA, Architect, has over 30 years of experience on a wide variety of projects. Since 1996, Ms. Coutts has assisted clients in Central Pennsylvania with residential design, commercial architecture, institutional design, and historic preservation projects.
- First woman-owned architectural design firm in Blair County
- Certified Woman Business Enterprise by Pennsylvania's Department of General Services
- Recipient of the Blair County Historical Society's Excellence in Historic Preservation Award, 2001
- Developed and co-curated the seven-week exhibition and lecture series,
Places of Distinction: Altoona's Historic Neighborhoods, during Altoona's Sesquicentennial celebration in 1999, resulting in the extension of Altoona's existing downtown historic district and the creation of three more
- We work collaboratively with our clients, understanding that this is your project, not ours
- You are the decision maker; our job is to support your goals and help move your project forward
- We guide you through the design and construction process, helping you make informed decisions in a methodical fashion, examining issues from the most general to the most detailed, making the process flow smoothly
- We ask you for input before we design and for feedback afterwards
- You are involved throughout the design process to the extent that you want to be
- We are comfortable working in any architectural style, selecting the one appropriate to your project.
- We routinely incorporate "green" materials and strategies into our solutions